Monday, September 29, 2008

First Post

This is something I've been thinking about for a while now and have just wondered how I might go about doing it - and I just figured it out!There is an organization called Goods 4 Girls that accepts donations of reusable cloth menstrual pads to be given to girls in Africa.
These girls are not fortunate enough to buy their own pads to use - therefore having to miss school during their periods.
Other organizations do donate disposable sanitary pads, but due to the lack of a proper disposal they get burned - emitting dangerous chemicals into the air.

Donating cloth menstrual pads (or money to buy pads) will enable these girls to go to school and get their education ALL of the time.


Since I have my Etsy shop where I sell my handmade reusable cloth menstrual pads, I just created a brand new listing where others might purchase a pad to be sent to this organization.

Quick facts / ideas:
*I would sell those cloth pads for less than my other pads ($2 pad + $1.50 S&H = $3.50 total).
*I would include a note along with the donated pad "This pad was donated by [insert buyer name here]."
*To entice people to donate pads, I would offer free shipping when they purchase anything else from my shop at the time of donation. AKA: Person donates pad AND buys earrings - shipping for earrings is free!

Organization site:
http://www.goods4girls.org/
My etsy.com listing:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=15719673


Any thoughts or ideas?

No comments: